The aim of this course is to give adequate training to the applicant in ground and flying instructional techniques based upon established teaching methods. On successful completion of the course and final test the applicant will be issued with a FI (H) rating permitting the holder to give flight training appropriate to the issue of a PPL (H) or a CPL (H).
The FI rating is valid all over the world.
On a full time basis the course can be completed in 6 to 8 weeks.
Below you can see the course structure:
Flight Instructor (H) – 6 to 8 Weeks*
Must have completed at least 250 Hours of helicopter flight time of which:
- at least 100 hours shall be as pilot-in-command if holding an ATPL(H) or a CPL(H), or
- at least 200 hours as pilot-in-command of helicopters, if holding a PPL(H).
|Weeks 1-2*||Weeks 3-5*||Weeks 6-8*|
*Duration of the course might depends on the discretion of the student
In conclusion the above program includes everything a pilot needs to become a Flight Instructor. There is nothing else you will need after completing your training here.
Our FI Rating Program includes 165 hours of total instructional time as follows :
- 30 hrs single engine Helicopter (R-22)
- 125 hrs Ground school
- All ground school material as well as maps flight computers, bag etc.
- Aircraft manuals
- Cost to issue a medical certificate from an authorized AME
- HCAA Handling cost (TBA)
- Accommodation fees and out of base landing and accommodation fees (ex. Night Flights out of base)