Night Rating (H)
The night Rating allows PPL(H) holders to exercise the license’s privileges at night. It is also a part of commercial training that can be completed individually or as part
of the commercial course.
Note: Due to airspace regulations in Greece, the flight training has to be performed at an international airport with night-time operation.
Total duration for ground and flight training is three days. The flight sessions are normally completed in one or two nights, depending on weather and airport limitations.
- Private Pilot’s License – PPL(H)
- Valid Medical Certificate
- 100 hours of flight time as pilot of helicopters after the issue of the license
- 60 hours as pilot-in-command of helicopters and 20 hours cross-country flight
- 5 hours helicopter night training, of which;
- 1 hour night cross country flight
- 1 hour solo flight
- 20 hours of ground school covering all aspects of night flying
Included in the course
- 5 hours of helicopter flight training
- 20 hours of theoretical training
- Night flying text book and guidance material
- Flight time to and from the international airport where the training takes place.
- Airport handling and landing fees