Private Pilot License (H)
Whether you are interested in an exciting new hobby or the first step towards a career in helicopters, the Private Pilot’s License is the way to enter the amazing world of aviation. The aim of Superior Air’s PPL(H) course is to provide the
knowledge, flying skills and aviator’s mentality to new pilots to being able to fly safely and efficiently as a helicopter’s pilot-in-command.
On a full-time basis the course can be completed within 3 to 4 months.
Flight duration is the minimum required by regulation and is dependent on student performance. More hours may be required at additional cost.
- Seventeen (17) years of age
- Medical Class 2
- Basic knowledge in mathematics and physics
Minimum 45 hours flight instruction:
- 35 Hours dual instruction, including 2 hours basic instrument training
- 10 Hours as pilot-in-command
- 100 hours theoretical training
The course’s ground school covers thoroughly the nine theoretical subjects according to the EASA Private License syllabus, and specifically Air Law, Navigation, Human Performance, Meteorology, Flight Performance and Planning, Communications, Principles of Flight, Operational Procedures, and Aircraft General Knowledge.
Included in the course
- 45 hours of helicopter flight training
- 100 hours of theoretical training
- All ground briefings before and after each flight
- Books and study material for all theoretical subjects
- Aircraft flight manual
- All landing fees, fuel costs, handling charges when at home airport
- Medical examination from an authorised AME, if class 2 medical not already held
- HCAA Handling cost for licence issue
- Accommodation fees
- Examination fees for final skill test
- Pilot’s Uniform